Position Title: Graduate Assistant for Annual Giving
Reports to: Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week, beginning August 21, 2020 and ending December 20, 2020. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 20 hours per week, beginning January 11, 2021 and ending May 7, 2021. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Job will require work in the evenings between 4:30 and 9:30 p.m.
- Full assistantship salary for 2020-21 is $5,395 per semester.
- Salary is prorated on a weekly basis for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures visit http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
- Assist with the recruitment, training, and management of a student outreach team focused on raising funds for the University through phone, email, text and other channels.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving to create strategic plans for the outreach team, using analysis of results and trends to allocate resources.
- Coach and mentor student workers as they learn to properly communicate through multiple channels.
- Create and execute marketing plans for targeted fundraising initiatives.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in at least 9 qualifying graduate-level credit hours each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a UNI cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.00. A newly admitted graduate student must have at least a 3.0 GPA for undergraduate or previous graduate work of at least 8 graded credit hours.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills required.
- Experience managing or supervising employees preferred.
- Experience in marketing and communication role preferred.
- Interest in non-profit development work preferred.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship, cover letter, resume and three professional references to Derick Stoulil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received by JUNE 15, 2020 will be given preferential consideration.