Position Title: Graduate Assistant for Student Philanthropy
Details: The University of Northern Iowa Foundation is seeking a Graduate Assistant for Student Philanthropy, in the 2018-19 school year for its current crowdfunding platform. This position plays a critical role for the foundation and across campus, as its primary focus being the liaison between the student groups and faculty/staff raising money for their initiatives through the PawPrint platform.
Reports to: Kyle Soldwisch – Assistant Director of Annual Giving Programs at the UNI Foundation, 304 Commons-0282; 319-273-6033, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester (August 20, 2018 to December 14, 2018): 20 hours per week
- For the spring semester (January 14, 2019 to May 10, 2019): 20 hours per week
- Full assistantship salary for 2018-19 is $5,176 per semester.
- Salary is prorated on a weekly basis for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
The roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Develop and manage crowdfunding platform
- Lead campus committees consisting of a wide-range of campus partners
- Mentor, faculty, staff and student groups prior to launch of PAWprint projects
- Guide approved projects through all channels of the crowdfunding platform
- Outreach to campus community about development process as it pertains to student and faculty/staff crowdfunding platform
- Maintain a review and approval process for student and faculty/staff groups seeking to launch fundraising efforts to avoid conflict with other foundation fundraising initiatives
- Educate student groups about fundraising best practices to enable to them to achieve success in their fundraising efforts
- Perform data analysis on each project and the PAWprint platform
- Assist in stewardship and communication of PAWprint projects
- Maintain the web-based fundraising platform and promote through all social media outlets while monitoring online traffic for each project
- Assist in division special projects such as Live Purple, Give Gold, direct mail pieces and events and other duties as assigned
- Oversees all aspects of Principal Financial Group Student Organization Integrity Fund
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- B.A. degree in public relations, marketing, or communications is preferred
- Candidate must be a self-starter, organized, strong communicator, and demonstrated leadership skills.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships). Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 16, 2017