Interested in winning $500 for your classroom? SaveOnEnergy.com® is looking for the best lesson plans for teaching students about energy or sustainability. The second annual SaveOnEnergy.com Teacher Grant offers K-8th grade educators a chance to receive $500 for their school or classroom.
Lesson plans can vary in scope and topic, and teachers are welcome to cite any helpful information found on the SaveOnEnergy.com Learning Center. All lessons must check off every requirement on the list below to be considered.
- Encompass energy and/or sustainability knowledge.
- Be appropriate for a grade level from kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Include goals and how you plan to measure students’ understanding.
- Include a fully detailed description of the lesson plan, handouts, etc., with a list of all materials needed.
- Be created by one teacher without use of existing prepared educational materials outside of those available on SaveOnEnergy.com.
- Encourage student development through participation opportunities.
Deadline for submission is October 21, 2016. For more information or to submit a grant, visit www.saveonenergy.com/teacher-grant/.